Trauma-Responsive and Resilience-Informed Care (TRRIC)
The Trauma-Responsive and Resilience-Informed Care training provides foundational knowledge on the effects of toxic stress, trauma, and adversity on health and well-being.
This training increases the capacity of individuals and organizations to promote trauma-responsive, equity-based practices that support holistic, sustainable health across New York.
Through TRRIC training, organizations and individuals can…
- Create a fundamental understanding of trauma, its prevalence, and its effects.
- Provide strategies and interventions to build effective and sustainable trauma informed practices and environments.
- Ensure an understanding of how racial trauma, or race-based traumatic stress, affects an individual’s mental and physical health.
- Promote strategies to address social determinants of health to reduce inequities and disparities at individual and systemic levels.
- Encourage organizations to build internal capacity that sustains trauma-responsive care and the ability to train their workforce.
We aim to increase the capacity for trauma-informed training statewide by establishing a network of trainers and champions at the local and community levels who can raise awareness and promote effective responses to trauma and toxic stress. Implementing standardized trauma-informed and equity-based fundamental training will increase awareness, understanding, and effective responses for staff across service sectors and age spans. Providing education to improve New Yorkers’ well-being by addressing trauma, social determinants of health, and care inequities is central to trauma-informed care.